For the past 3 weeks or so, Henry has been getting up earlier and earlier. And when I say earlier, I mean if he makes it until 6:00, he's sleeping in. 6:00. A lot of days it's been 5:30/5:45 and then he walks into our room to inform us it's morning. It's exhausting! A lot of days RJ is up at that time anyways running or what not and it's been good for me because I've been getting up to go for walks also. Some days we have enough time to tag team our walks/runs before RJ leaves for work at 7:00. Days seem so long when they start so early though. We do 7:00 bedtimes and if we push it back it doesn't change the time he wakes up and in fact often makes his awake time earlier. Fancy how that works, huh? He sleeps with a sound machine. I put our dark curtains in his room hoping to keep the early morning sun out. Really, he's always been an early riser...it's just been extreme lately. I know we should make him go back to his room, but then there's lot of crying and yelling and then Harper wakes up and then we're ALL up and not happy. Oy. But, I know we will miss this not so pleasant start to our day someday. Someday.
He's also always been a momma's boy. I really do love it 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time I'm craving some space. Lately he has become borderline obsessed with me. Constantly wants to cuddle, be held, sit on my lap, touch my face, and on and on and on. But I know I will miss it someday.
He's also always been a talker. Seriously, this boy can talk non-stop all day long. His newest form of talking is asking, "but what will happen if...." in response to everything we say. "But what will happen if I don't buckle in". "But what will happen if I don't take a nap." "But what will happen if I don't listen and obey". It kind of drives us crazy, but I know we'll miss it someday.
He's also always loved to have books read to him. Lately we've been going through a lot of books during the day with him sitting on my lap. I know I'll miss that someday. A lot.
There. I had to write that out. Something sweet to get me through this day.
Because it's really only 8:30?!?