Friday, November 20, 2009

Happenings

I'll be taking a bloggy break for the next week and a half, but promise to return with a ton o' pictures. We're about to partake in our biggest family adventure as a family of four. I'm nervous and excited and anxious and excited all at the same time.

I'm just wasting some time while putting off the load of things I need to get done before tomorrow. Let's see, what can I write about?....

We started doing "Acts 2:42" groups with our church last spring and this past fall we started doing them weekly. Our group is a great group of families with small children. Now, that sounds inviting, huh? We meet on Tuesday nights at our friends house a few blocks away while all the "small children" are babysat at our house. It's a pretty slick set up. I've had so much fun and we have all learned a lot. Plus, our leader is really hot.(don't worry, it's my husband) I have to admit, I have not always been the best pay-attention-er to an entire sermon. Really, I can't pay attention to much anything for too long. But with the start of our Acts groups, I get excited to get to church, listen, take notes, and learn so I can participate and learn more at our groups. God is really working in our church right now and it's exciting to see a lot of people grow closer to Him. It's pretty awesome!

I've been doing a little thing call Weight Watchers since July 1st and am happy to say I reached my goal weight a couple of weeks ago and will (hopefully) become a lifetime member next month...aka FREE. It feels so good to be a much healthier eater and it feels really good to feed my family much healthier foods as well. Obviously *ahem, chocolate cake incident* I still enjoy baking those naughty sweets, but overall the meals that hit my table are SO much better for us. Lots more fruits and veggies and lean meats and no more thickly-rich sauces that I used to be so addicted to. I've only gone through one pack of shredded cheese since July. That's pretty huge for me! Not that cheese is bad...we still eat it...but it does not need to be in everything I make. Who knew?? And Henry is pretty much cheese-free since I finally realized that was causing his digestive problems. Sorry Henry, for all the many blocks of cheese I let you consume.

I got to get out of the house last night for a MOPS moms night out. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and then headed down to Valley Junction's open house. It was a ton of fun and I was giddy with excitement to get out after a week of staying home. I love my Willow Ladies!

Now, off to place Space Shuttle with my little boy. Never heard of it? It's where you repeatedly say "321-Blastoff!" and run around the house like an airplane. I bought him a mini airplane replica, but he can't open it until tomorrow. It's amazing how much enjoyment he is getting out of it while it's still in the package.

Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! See you in December!

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Have a great Thanksgiving! And a huge congrats for reaching your goal weight! I'm inspired. :)

Following The Fosters said...

ooh have fun! hope your plane ride goes smoothly with two!

and way to go with ww! have you been doing it while you are nursing? i so need to get my weight down, but am paranoid about doing it while nursing. i bet its easier with the help of ww. i think i need to just give in and pay the money and go!

peter marie said...

Yes, I'm still nursing and when I started I was 100% nursing. You get 10 extra points (not sure how that adds up to calories, but it's quite a bit more food) when you're full time nursing and then down to 5 when you're part time/they start eating food/or if you supplement. The first 4-5 days I was starving, but then I totally got used to it and I've never had a problem with my milk supply going down.

It is a lot of money, but it's cheapest if they automatically withdraw it for the full monthly price....I needed the accountability and I'm so cheap that if I'm going to pay for something there was no way I was not going to take it seriously. It's a great program if you have a hard time doing it on your own (like I totally do!)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Have a wonderful trip!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your pictures!
By the way, you look fabulous!!! :) Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails