Friday, July 30, 2010

Corn Salad

I love yummy side salads in the summer, don't you?
At our 4th of July reunion, we had this yummy corn salad and I've been meaning to make it ever since.
I tried to buy the ingredients just using my memory, but failed so made some changes.
Still super yummy!


1T. lime juice (I forgot the lime and used a drizzle of honey instead)
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. hot pepper sauce
5 t. olive oil, divided
1-1/2 c. fresh or frozen corn, thawed
1-1/2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved (used red pepper instead)
1/2 c. finely chopped cucumber
1/4 c. finely chopped red onion (did not add)
(I also added black olives)
2 T. minced fresh basil (used parsley)
1/4 c. feta cheese

In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, salt, pepper sauce and 4 t. oil; set aside.
In a large skillet, saute corn in remaining oil until tender. Transfer to a salad bowl; add the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and basil. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.

Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.

Enjoy!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

That sounds delicious, Abby! I think we need to have a summer salad picnic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails