Thursday, December 2, 2010

Projects

My kiddos are constantly playing with pots/pans/canned goods. It keeps them pretty happy and they are fairly nice to each other while they play.


Today in our advent calendar we pulled out a piece of paper that said, "make homemade cookie ornaments with mommy". I got the recipe from this gal (look around at her shop...it's adorable!)
So hopefully it's a fun project!

Speaking of projects....I have been super busy making Christmas gifts this year. One of my friends and I have gotten crazy into hand stitching anything you can think of. We slave away. Our kids play together.
It's been so fun! 
So here are a few of the things I've done:


The owl scarf that took me 9 hours to do. Oy.


This scarf took only a few hours and I'm going to have my mom sew on the backing with a MACHINE.
(oh yeah, mom, will you do that when I bring them home for Christmas??)

Then there's this little thing that I'm kind of in love with. It will be a little hard to part with her:


It's a little owl purse for my niece.


Check out the caboose!

My head is swimming with ideas of more purses for little girls. Or young-at-heart-women. It's been a blast making Christmas gifts this year! I'm probably about 50/50 handmade/store bought, but once I figure out what to make for 9 and 11 year old boys I may go 100% handmade. 
Ideas??

Hope you all have a lovely Thursday!!

6 comments:

ryangie said...

oh abby! this post makes me so happy--love your handmade goodies...they are beautiful! hope you guys are having a great week!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I love all your handmade treasures! The little owl purse is so adorable!!! Someday I'd like to accomplish just one artsy, cutesy project!

une autre mère said...

That owl purse is killing me with sweetness! LOVE that! You're just the craftiest little gal I know. :)

Jenn said...

Cute stuff! I wish I had time to make things. Maybe in another year.

H-Mama said...

Oh my. You crafty mama, you! I have a lil' bird lover that would love an owl purse. Too cute!! Tutorial? :)

Stitching with a friend, while kids play? Sounds quite lovely, indeed. When do we meet? ;)

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

hey - thanks for the shout out!! that scarf is AWESOME!!! I also adore the purse. So fun. I don't think I knew you could sew. Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails