Thursday, January 13, 2011

Blue

Okay, I am apparently back in the blogging saddle again now that I can upload photos....
and I just can't resist another "projects" post because this one makes me pretty happy to look at. 
Or actually stare at.
There is just something about the color blue that speaks to me. When I'm dying...I will hopefully be in a blue room. Full of blue stuff. Not that something like that will really matter (at all), but it would be so pretty and peaceful. 
I hope you all have that color (what ever it happens to be)
 that just gets to you. 
If you do, don't be afraid to flaunt it!
I went so long not using much blue in the house because I have a lot of dark wood and thought warm colors were my only option, when I'm not really a warm color kind of gal. 
If only I had started with  
blue....


I'm pretty sure that when I had painted this mirror for the second time I promised it would be the last, but I came across some spray paint I forgot that I had gotten for $1.50 at the Habitat store this summer and could not resist the urge...


Ahhhhh. yes. 
blue.



In my *keep your eyes open for Target clearance/Goodwill* list are matching buffet lamps and some mismatched plates to hang on the wall. With my price restrictions, this could take a little while, but I've got some high hopes.

Photobucket


4 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Here's my deal with blue...I really just like "Abby Blue". When I'm shopping for blue, it doesn't speak to me. When I look at your projects, I'm totally in love. I think my color is deep crimsony red...I think.

une autre mère said...

I love your blue mirror! It's so striking on the black and white print. You have such an eye for those things. Do you think I could borrow your eye for awhile? My house needs some refreshening!

Nicole said...

I love it!!! You do such a wonderful job with your projects.

Kammy's Korner said...

I've been looking at tons of projects today and I gotta say, that's one of the coolest ones I've seen yet this morning!!! I've always loved your neat ideas (you think outside the box!) and I'd LOVE it if you'd link this post up to my first ever Trash To Treasure Tuesday Party over on Kammy's Korner! It's pretty easy if you've never done it before - but I think readers would LOVE this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails