Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Laundry

I don't think I've ever given the impression that I'm a "I've got it all together" type of mom. 
I know I do lots of little crafts and projects, but that means my house is usually a mess. 
Like, 90% of the time it's a mess.
And I hate doing laundry.
Like, I pretty much do it when we are running low on under-roos.
I am opposite of a mom who has the list:
Monday: Laundry
Tuesday: Clean floors
Wednesday: Dust
I think that's incredibly wonderful for moms to do that....it is just so not me. So instead of feeling like a bad mom/wife for not being like that after reading blog after blog of women who are, I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing....which means, like I already said, doing laundry when we're running low on under-roos.
And this brings us to TODAY.
I am SO behind on laundry and I've set the goal of getting it all done and *put away before tomorrow.
*put away is the real difficult part for me. Not that it is literally hard, but it feels like it sometimes doesn't it?? 
So, if you've ever felt guilty for not keeping up with the super mom down the street, just compare yourself to me and I can guarantee you will go to bed at night feeling much better about yourself. Believe me, I will gladly give you that satisfaction. It will give me more purpose in my procrastination, messy-ness, NON-LIST, and cluttery-ness self knowing I am giving someone a better night's sleep.

So there. Just in case we weren't clear before, we're clear now. I'm a bad housewife when it comes to, oh you know, keeping up with house work. I'm not too bad when it comes to the decorating, cooking, and crafting, but it's easy to be good at the fun stuff.

And the reason I've set this slightly unrealistic (but I am SERIOUSLY going to do it) goal is 'cuz we're going to Minnesoooooota. Dropping our kiddos off at the in-laws and spending a night and day in the ever so fun town of Rochester. And I can not wait. We've only been out to eat once in the last 3 weeks (very good for us!) and I've been clearing out our cupboards cooking boring meals trying not to buy much food so we can enjoy eating out, shopping, and having fun, fun, fun!

That is all, my friends. Have a lovely Wednesday!!

6 comments:

Jessie said...

We're the same! I even leave food/dirty dishes in the sink! Overnight! I'm freeeeeeeeee! Until it all comes crashing down & then I feel (and am) disorganized and sad. And then I clean... and then repeat.

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

I'm right there with you!! Laundry is my WORST problem. I hate putting it away too. We just get clothes out of the laundry room to wear (clean - I promise! :)). I'm not the best housekeeper. Right now I have three laundry baskets full of clean clothes that will never get put away. Everyone is good at some things, and not-so at others. Oh, and dusting...SO stupid. ;)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I'm in the loser laundry club, as well! The ironic part...I actually love to "do" the laundry; it's the folding and putting away that just lead a horrible elusive trail that I can't seem to follow. I only appear to be semi on-track with housework because I have an amazingly merciful husband who can't sleep if something is out of place. Poor guy!
*By the way, have a great time in MN!!! So excited for you!!!

Mom said...

Okay - maybe I didn't raise the best housekeeper (sorry,I tried!!) but I think I raised the best mommy!! And someday you will be like me with no one to pick up after except your hubby. Then you will wish you had all that laundry :)

Have a Happy Birthday weekend! xoxo

Amy@My Front Porch said...

I have the opposite struggle from you...I'm the "Monday is laundry Tuesday clean the floors" type of mom but I struggle to make myself sit down and play and be creative with my kids...not because I don't want to but because I stress out too much about the other stuff. So kudos to you for making memories with your kiddos! And good luck with your laundry :)

une autre mère said...

Love your honesty! :) And FYI - I FINALLY put my laundry away today (Thursday)... I actually did the laundry on Monday. Very typical for me. Hey, at least it was clean!

Hope you're having a SUPER FANTABULOUS time in Minnesota!!! Hope to see you Saturday night - the more we plan it, the awesomer it becomes! We NEED you there to make it even more fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails