Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Day of Preschool was a success!
He was so excited and I was so antsy. RJ came home for lunch and then we decided to all walk to the church together. It was a perfect day for a walk and it only takes 20 minutes to get there.



Oh, my little boy! Can't believe how old he is.


He has been SO excited about wearing his new Spider Man shirt. Along with his Spider Man shoes. And undies. I'm not a huge fan of girl-character shirts, but boy ones? 
Love.


We went into the class with him and he looked at a few toys, I gave him a hug, and he was off. Waved at us from across the room and obviously wanted us to just go. 
Broke my heart a little, but I was proud of him for being so confident.


Time went super fast and it was time to pick him up again. We went to Beaverdale Confections for a treat. I let him pick whatever he wanted and he chose cotton candy Dip N' Dots. And a sucker. I would have bought 20 suckers if he asked. Don't judge. My love language is gift giving...I can't help myself!




I handled it all better than I thought I would and then when I went to pick him up and all us moms were in the hallway he ran out and yelled "mommy!" in his sweet little voice. There was a collective "aaaaahhhhh" from all the moms and I nearly lost it. I told him he'd get to go back tomorrow and he couldn't believe it....he is pumped!

So that's our Preschool 2011 experience. 2 thumbs up for sure!

2 comments:

ryangie said...

oh boy! finally found your blog back :( i have lots to catch up on! :) your kitchen looks fabulous & your sweet kids are adorable!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Bah, now I'm crying for other people's kids first day of school. {I have issues!} What a sweetie! LOVE his awesome shirt! I can relate to throwing caution to the wind when buying those after school treats after the first day of school! Good thing we have such sensible children!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails