Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday

I have a daily goal of getting Henry and Harper's afternoon naps to coordinate with one another. It's been successful most days and the last 3 days they've both slept for 3 hours at the same time. I love it! Of course it helps to wear them out constantly so they are beyond exhaustion.

We had a marvelous play date today! The kids played in the water and in the yard the whole time while us ladies got to talk. I wish I would have remembered the camera. The kids were having so much fun! Well, as long as Henry wasn't getting wet, he was having fun. I need to somehow teach that boy that getting wet and dirty can be a good thing. One of my friends is due with her first baby shortly so we were talking about new mommy things. It makes me miss the anticipation of labor and those first few weeks of having a newborn. Harper is only 3 1/2 months old and I already miss it!

Weeks like these I almost feel guilty for having so much fun being a stay at home mommy while RJ has to go work. Thanks, babe.

I've been in a major cooking mood this summer and am loving finding some new, healthy recipes. A new recipe I'm going to try this week is Black Bean Sweet Potato Burgers. But of course there are still those oldies, but goodies. I've made this chicken salad so many times, and may have already posted it, but here it is again. I love it!!

Chicken Salad
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning (I don't have any, so I leave it out and probably will never add it since it's yummy without)
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice

3 cups diced, cooked chicken breast meat
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 1/2 cups diced Swiss cheese
1 1/2 cups halved grapes
I'm sure almonds and pineapple would be a great add-in as well.

Mix all together and, of course, is best on a croissant. *Update* The apple and carrot salad I posted last week is amazing and I've already made it twice. It is so good!! I think it will become one of those dishes I make that will be a "this again?" kind of thing because I want to make it again already.....

Hope you're all having a lovely week!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Your chicken salad is the BEST! I have given the recipe to lots of people. I personally like to include the poultry seasoning.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I love your chicken salad too! :) Cloe has always been a huge water chicken until this year. Ashley B. is giving her private (inexpensive) swimming lessons! I highly recommend her! Thanks for more great recipes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails