Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Henry!

It feels like so long ago, yet just like yesterday.



You were one (of the two) happiest babies I've ever had the privilege to know.



Always full of funny faces and funny things to say.

 

You're sensitive and sweet.

 

You're pretty cool too.

 

You constantly surprise us with your fun personality. You rarely stop talking. You love being around people. You're loud.
.....seriously, you are so different from your dad and I.....
but we love it and can't (nor want to) imagine life any differently.


 

We pray you will grow up to be a strong man who seeks after Christ daily.
And who has an infectious love for Him.
(And keep that fun personality while you're at it)

But until you become a man, I'll enjoy these moments of you being a little boy.
When you'll still sing songs with me before bedtime.
Give me hugs and kisses and "cuddle just a little bit longer".
Say things like "zirp" instead of zip.
And "crack-corn" instead of popcorn.
And call me mommy. 

We love you, little Henry Dean.
Happy 3rd Birthday!!


5 comments:

mrs t said...

Not sure what it was about this little post, but it brought many a tear to my eye.

I know exactly what you mean, and felt like I was writing it myself. Andre is turning 2 in a few days and I feel the same...about him and Gabriela.

Isn't being a mommy the best thing ever?!

ryangie said...

Happy Birthday, Henry!! That is such fun--what a great age! Hope you all are staying warm and hope to see you sometime soon :) Angie & Moriah

Amanda said...

This is SOOO sweet!! I love your thoughts along with the pictures...and how you desire for your kids to know Christ... oh how that blesses me!!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I love this, Abby! You are such a sweet Mommy! Henry is one pretty amazing little boy too! Any kid who just randomly comes up and hugs me rates pretty high! ;) We love Henry!

une autre mère said...

Aw, you actually made me cry. So sweet.

And happy late birthday, Henry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails