Wednesday, August 11, 2010

el Favorito

When my friend told me she was going to paint her daughter's room lavender and said she wanted me to paint a red tree, I thought she was a little cri-zay.
Turns out, it's a wonderful, funk-a-licious combination and my new favorite mural.

I had painted a white tree in little Clara's room before and it was one of my first real murals. Henry was just a baby and he stayed on the bed while I painted. He couldn't even roll yet!
Since there were so many sentimental feelings towards that sweet white tree, I basically painted the same things again in red and added some new, fun touches.

And here it is!
Seriously, how fun is this room? What a lucky little (almost) 5 yr old little girl with her funky decorating momma.



Some close ups of the funky birds.






Funky, and maybe a little creepy, owl.


Peacock!





Hope you all have a lovely Wednesday!

7 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Wow -- I never would have thought of that color combination but I love it! And you do great work :)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

absolutely lovely!

Jenn said...

Very cute and funky!

une autre mère said...

Clara is a lucky little girl! That is adorable! Great work!

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

I love it! I've never been a fan of purple but it's growing on me lately. The peacok is my fav! I have totally been messing with making a peacok in my mind lately too! The tree you made is totally gorgeous...so whimsical!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I LOVE IT! The peacock and owl are totally my favorites! You are the best whimsical painter! I think I need some whimsy in my life! :)

Anonymous said...

this is SO neat, Abby :) love it!

so good to see you today!
:) Angie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails