Tuesday, November 23, 2010

RJ had to work all day Sunday after church. Henry wouldn't nap and in the process woke up Harper. (Isn't it funny how at the time it's seem like the biggest deal and then when you mention it, you realize how not big of a deal that is?) But as I was saying, it was a long day and it made me crabby. I thought a fun project would put me out of my sour mood and Henry was super excited about it. We made a stuffed-paper-bag-turkey. The kids had a ton of fun stuffing the bag with newspaper.


Then I had them color on sheets of paper.


And this lasted for about 2 minutes. Harper had no interest and Henry, who usually loves doing projects was done after about 4 pieces of paper.


So I ended up finishing this little kid project by myself. Not the joyous experience I was going for, but I have to remind myself that they're only 1 and 3. She's a funny looking bird, eh?


My bad mood didn't go away the entire day...and Monday morning was right around the corner. I prayed for patience before I got out of bed and decided to make some pancakes. They put us all in a good mood because they were so yummy! I enjoyed mine with peanut butter and honey.



Whole Wheat Pancakes (from www.allrecipes.com)
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup wheat germ (I used wheat bran)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbl brown sugar (I'm sure this could easily be left out...but sounded good)
1 tsp salt
5 1/3 tbl unsalted butter (I cut way back on this)
2 1/2 cups buttermilk (I added about 1 tbl vinegar to skim milk for this)
2 eggs
  1. In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, white flour, wheat germ or oats, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, and salt.
  2. Cut the butter into small pieces with a knife, and add the butter to the flour-mixture. Mix until the mixture has a sand-like consistency.(I just melted my butter and added it.)
  3. Make a well in the center of the flour-butter mixture, and add the buttermilk and eggs. Stir until the liquids are fully incorporated.
  4. Fry up on your pan and enjoy! (with peanut butter and honey, of course!)

I hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

2 comments:

une autre mère said...

I love your turkey! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to finish my kids' projects that they want to do soooo badly and then give up after a few minutes.

Sorry about your bad mood. I had a really bad mood on Saturday and told Chad I felt like I was going to explode. Luckily, I didn't. That would've been messy. I was praying for patience constantly that day. Glad you're in a better mood now too. :)

And those pancakes sound mmm mmm good!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

The whole "one kid waking the other up from their nap" thing? Yeah, not fun. Like you said, it really isn't a big deal but it can totally throw your day off!

What a fun project idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails