Friday, August 22, 2008

Do you ever have days where you want to stay in bed all day? Like, literally. All day. And you wouldn't even care. Oh man, there goes my disguise.

When your husband leaves for the day and says, "good luck", you know it can't be good.

When your little boy is up and as wide awake as ever at 5:45 but it doesn't matter because you've been up since 4:00 tossing and turning anyways, you know that can't be good either.

And when you try to go to a couple of simple garage sales but end up taking 5 detours because of all the ridiculous construction and end up buying a few things because the lady is shoving stuff down your throat and you simply can't say "no thanks" and walk away? Well, that's just down right bad.

Oh, what petty little things. I know you all have stuff and then some going on in your lives way worse than this. It's Friday. Lighten up, self!

Everyone says each pregnancy is different and I've come to learn that everyone is right. I had started to feel pretty good earlier this week and after initially being worried about that, wondered if I was just going to have a super easy time, but now realize that this time around it's just more random. Good days and not so good days. There's a lot of little differences this time and lots of things I think I just don't remember. For example, I cry while watching the Olympics, whether pregnant or not. But it's been a little extreme. The other day I caught the last 15 minutes of Legally Blond and cried at the end when Elle gave her speech at graduation. Seriously. Commercials get me too. And talk about moody! That probably explains the above complaining......

I have my first real appt next Tuesday and I can't wait! I feel like I've been pregnant for forever since this will be the 5th time I've gone in since I've had a positive test. I'll only be just over 10 weeks so I'm trying not to expect to hear the heartbeat since it's a bit early, but of course I hope we do. We heard Henry's at 9 1/2 weeks but it had a lot to do with a very determined and patient doctor, and my appt is not with him.

RJ is golfing all day in Ames with some church buddies and Henry and I are heading up to pick him up and then head to Parkersburg to see his grandparents new house and paint something pretty in grandma's kitchen. His parents are coming down too so I'm looking forward to it. When they're around Henry is glued to them.

Have a Happy Friday, all!

1 comment:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

Ummm, to answer the "staying in bed all day" question, YES!

You are definitely not the only one who would like to do that =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails