Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This morning was great. Henry slept in well and was in a really sweet mood. Harper was her usual content-self, and I was feeling good. I made an appt for Harper because I thought she may have thrush, so we were about to head out the door. It seems as though every time we're about to head out, the last 5 minutes both children are crying, but not today! Until Henry tripped and fell and hit mouth on the edge of a new toy and out came the blood. Perfect timing. We were going to the doctor anyways, so I'd just have him take a look. Henry finally calmed down, we got in the car and were off. The doctor's office went well. Got medicine for Harper and me, decided that Henry just got a cut on his gums and would be fine, and then decided to head across the street to Wal-Mart. Oh, I hate Wal-Mart! But it was right there and I haven't been grocery shopping in weeks so I was desperate. We took our time shopping since we were waiting on the prescription and both kids were doing well. I was pleasantly surprised that my first trip to get groceries was going well! Then we get back to the pharmacy and still had to wait. Then Harper started crying because she was hungry. Henry still had some blood on his face, mixed with chocolate and gold fish around his mouth, and insisted on taking off his shoes and socks. Now, if you've ever been to the 8th street Wal-Mart, you will understand when I say that this made us fit right in with the crowd. Screaming baby. Dirty boy. Finally got my medicine and made it home in one piece. I've been successfully getting both kids to sleep at the same time in the afternoon so I've been getting a nap in as well. It's great! We're all just waking up and I'm feeling good. We're meeting RJ to go out to Chick-Fil-A for supper. It's their deal where if you save your receipt from your meal today and bring it in next month some time you get the exact same meal for free! Plus, Cinnabon is giving away from Cinnabon bites, and Maggie Moos is giving away a free scoop of ice cream. All in honor of it being April 15th.

Yes, I'm really enjoying having 2 children. Makes my days much more exciting....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails