Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

This was my favorite book as a child. I would look at the pictures for hours...or so it seemed. I performed the story for speech contest in high school too. Yes, can you believe I was in speech? I'm pretty sure that would be my worst nightmare now. Anyways, here's a trailer for the movie. I kind of have a feeling I would be disappointed if I go to see it. It looks pretty different and the coolest part of the book was the illustrations, which got thrown out for the new up-to-date computerized mumbo jumbo. Yet I don't think I'll be able to stay away either. And maybe Henry would be able to enjoy it??

And I'm personally excited for the movie, Where the Wild Things Are. (the trailer gives me goose bumps) This is one of our favorite books to read to Henry and he's always eager to yell "They roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws". Except a few of the words get mixed up so it's pretty funny. I think he'll be too young for this one, but I'm not.

Hmmmm....actually, just writing out that paragraph makes me a little sad. I think that will be one of the books I pull out when he's off and married and cry like a baby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails