Thursday, August 13, 2009

Taco

I love me some tacos. I make them quite a bit-especially in the summer. Mexican always sounds good in hot weather! Well, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. You can make your OWN taco seasoning. Crazy, I know! I used to only make tacos when I had a packet of seasoning, which seems to often get forgotten at the grocery store. They're just such tiny little packets and a lot of times they slip right through the cart so you don't even notice it. So the other week I wanted me some tacos and, like usual, had no taco mix, and that's when it hit me. It was genius! I figured I could google it and find a recipe to make it up myself. Wow. I can't believe it took me 29 years to figure this out. Oh, you can? Well, you'll have to just keep it to yourself and humor me for a second. Here is what I found:

Taco Seasoning

2tsp minced onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
2 tsp garlic
Mix into 1 lb meat with 1/2 cup water. Then of course, you can up or lower any of the ingredients depending on your taste. This is a bit spicy with the pepper, but really good.

So there you have it. I'm sure you've all had this figured out for years, but just in case, I wanted to share it with you so we can all enjoy tacos more often.

I threw some clothes on before I came downstairs this morning. About an hour ago. The shirt felt really strange, but hadn't taken the time to figure out why. I just now looked down and realized it's on backwards.

See, I'm a little slow sometimes.

2 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

That's the exact recipe I use! I love it! Don't worry--I only figured it out last winter when I was in the same predicament! Now I'm hungry to tacos!

une autre mère said...

Now I feel like a loser because I never thought of making tacos without the seasoning packet! Genius! And this recipe sounds great, although I'd probably go with less pepper since I'm scared of peppers. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

If it makes you feel any better, the brown tank top I had on under my maternity shirt tonight was on backwards too. Although that was done on purpose because it's V-necked in front and I needed a scoop neck. I figured one tank could do the job of 2.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails