Monday, October 6, 2008

The Perfect Fall Cookie...or anytime, really.

Apricot Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter Crisco
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup vanilla chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 bag dried apricot ( I usually cut each apricot in half so they are more evenly distributed.) I made them this weekend and I didn't quite have a full bag of apricots, so I cut them up small and also added a handful of Craisens. Delicious!

Bake @325 for about 12-15 minutes, depending on your oven of course. For some reason I have burned these a couple of times, so I usually take it low and slow.

These are my favorite cookies, hands down. I got the recipe from a cute little store I used to work in called Picketts. Inside Picketts, there was a cafe called, The Flying Pig Cafe.

Happy Fall!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I copy and pasted your perfect fall cookie recipe faster than you can say "lickety split." Thanks!!

Natural Mamma said...

Duh, the anonymous comment was from me, what did I do wrong? Did I hit something I wasn't supposed to?? I am such a moron!!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Mmmm...I can't wait to try them with craisins! These are one of my favorites, too! I think you actually make them the best! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails