Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday

What a gorgeous day today. Freezing this morning and absolutely perfect right now. I was up well before the crack of dawn and had lots of thoughts running through my head. I've decided I don't want to write about politics except for this: Since when has it become a bad thing to vote for who you want to be president, even if they happen to be a 3rd party, aka Ron Paul (or anyone else)? Yes. I get it. They have no chance of winning. I get it! But seriously, wouldn't you rather vote for someone you "believe" in (for lack of a better term) than just going with one of the other guys? Not saying I'm going to do it. I'm not 100% decided on it all yet. I found a blog through a blog of a guy I've never met and there were comments back and forth about people voting for Ron Paul and the next person saying, you can't do that because you're throwing your vote away, and on and on. I just like the thought of us voting for someone, not against someone. But, I am also glad that however, or if, you vote, that the decision is completely yours!

And that's all, my friends. I welcome any of your comments! :)

I hope you all enjoy this beauty. Can't wait to update about the baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness! I replied to Amanda (I saw you commented) privately about voting for Ron Paul. As of now, that's what I'm going to do. I can't stomach a vote for McCain and Obama is out of the question because fundamentally our worldviews are too different. No one can say Ron Paul is status quo! I like the way he adheres to the constitution and is pro-life (my #1 issue). He also seems like a genius to me now in light of our economic situation - he was warning about such things when I first started listening to his ideas in the primaries. I'm with you, I want to vote FOR a candidate, not against one. I'm excited for the election to be over, I don't have thick-enough skin to put up with all of it much longer.

*side note* can't wait to hear about your news tomorrow!

Alisa said...

Can I come in here with my tail between my legs and say I just may vote for Ron Paul, too? MIGHT. After hearing McCain say in the debate last night that he won't run a litmus test with a judge he would appoint, but instead would go on experience, it was kinda our last "ah crap" moment with him. Not for sure yet, though.

My biggest thing : when I'm standing in front of God, He's most likingly not going to go over which vote I made, but should he do so, what will I feel proud of? McCain? Golly...I just don't think so.

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I'm going all out for with a write in for President: RJ Charlton! I think he's got what it takes and his side kick is pretty kickin' smart too! I think I'll do it just to see if we make the news! (And I'll feel good about myself for exercising my given right to vote...that's what it's all about, right?!?)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails