Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Insomnia?

Do you guys have trouble sleeping too?At different times in my life, I have some major insomnia issues. This morning, for example, a morning not too unlike many others these days, I've been up since 3:45 am. I'm not even exaggerating. I have no problem getting to sleep and I sleep well, but if I wake up anytime after 3, I'm usually up for the day. I hate it. It's not like I don't need as much sleep as some of you. I really do need sleep. I, for some reason can't help it! I've just learned to function well on a low level. I feel fine for the first half of the day and I get around to Henry's nap time and it's hard to resist a nap myself, but I know if I do I'll have a hard time sleeping again.
Yawn, yawn, yawn. No more about my stupid problems, unless you have som advice about how I could fix it!

We had a great weekend here with not much to do. We were on a mandatory no-eat-out kind of weekend so I made homemade pizza Saturday night. Super yummy. It's just a basic dough recipe I found on foodnetwork.com. It's best with fresh basil and fresh mozzarella, but I just used what I had and it was still good. We also played out by the amphitheatre behind the Art Center. Quite possibly one of the most beautiful areas in town. There was a wedding up by the rose garden. Beauty.

Henry is taking an early nap today, so I'm off to paint!

2 comments:

Emily (Blue Chair Blessing) said...

I have sleep issues too sometimes, it comes and goes. I was up at 4 something the other day, which isn't as bad as 3 like you, but I still hate it! I feel like a zombie the whole day. I don't function well on no sleep....I feel like I am always tired anyways!

Alisa said...

I'm sorry - I wish I could send you some sleep in an envelope.

Oh...and no fun with the discipline thing. I think once they hit 18 months, things get tough cause disciplining becomes more important. Arg.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails